All positions in Kochi
The Finance Officer heads all financial and accounting functions in the university and reports to the Registrar and Vice Chancellor. Persons with maturity and experience in handling F & A functions in educational institutions will be preferred. The functional roles include:
- Assist the Registrar in setting up systems of financial operations and monitoring.
- Assist the Registrar in setting up purchase and procurement systems.
- Prepare periodic budgets and annual budgets for presentation to Board(s).
- Delegate and monitor authority and responsibilities to the Accounts & Finance teams.
- Periodic MIS reporting and supervise delegated actions by Accounts & Finance teams.
- Prepare annual financial statements, liaise with all Auditors and all professionals.
- Payroll management.
- Convene meetings of the Finance Committee in consultation with VC.
- Ensure statutory and organisation compliances as directed by management.
Qualifications: Qualified Chartered Accountant with 8-10 years’ experience; or MBA Finance or M.Com with 15 years’ experience.
- Must have independently established or monitored financial systems, experience in internal audit and/or audit management will be very useful.
- Budgeting and control experience is essential.
- Must have a grasp of understanding law and procedures.
Compensation: In accordance with UGC scales
Candidates desirous of applying may send in their updated CV with a Covering Letter to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Professor and Associate Professor Positions
Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, a de-novo deemed-to-be University, seeks to impart the Ancient Indic Knowledge in an applied fashion to address modern day issues and challenges. For this, the University employs a state-of-the-art curriculum design typical of a “Modern day Liberal Arts University” and is offering uniquely designed programs in BA & MA (Sanskrit) BBA, B Com and BA (Appiled Psychology).
Our future plans include offering a host of Post Graduate and Research programs in Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Business Administration, Leadership, Public Policy & Governance with a clear and unique blending of modern day knowledge with Ancient Applied Indian Knowledge.
We invite academic fraternity who share our vision to participate in this great saga. We are recruiting in the following knowledge streams:
- Literary & Linguistic Studies: Sahitya Shastra & Vedanta Shastra
- Ethics, Governance, Culture & Social Systems: Smritis & Itihasa, Sociology, History, Political Science, Education
- Philosophy, Psychology & Scientific Heritage: Psychology (Bio Psychology, Industrial Psychology, Counselling) & Other related areas in Psychology, Yoga
- Contemporary Knowledge Systems: Economics, Mathematics & Statistics, Accounting & Finance, Financial Services & Markets
We invite applications for faculty positions at Associate Professor/ Full Professor levels. Those interested in a one or two-year assignment are also welcome to apply.
- First class or equivalent in Masters in the appropriate branch and a Ph. D with 8/10 years of teaching experience.
- The prospective candidates are expected to take leadership roles and responsibility to run the programs offered by the School.
- The candidates with Masters in concerned or allied subjects, are “NET” qualified and currently pursuing PhD can also apply for Assistant Professor positions.
Prior knowledge and/or interest in Applied Ancient Indian Wisdom is highly desirable.
Location: All positions are based at Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Adi Sankara Nilayam, Adi Sankara Marg, Veliyanadu P.O, Kochi – 682313
Pay Scale: Pay and allowances will be at par with UGC prescribed scales.