Instructions for filling the application form.
- There is a common form for application to the programs at Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth (CVV), in both Kochi and Pune campuses.
- You need to create an applicant profile to apply to the programs at Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth. If you are visiting the application section for the first time, kindly register by providing the required details in the “Register Now” section. Your applicant profile credentials would be sent to you on the email address that you provide.
- If you have already received the login and password details by email or have created an applicant profile; then log in through the “Login” section to access your profile.
- Select the program(s) that you are planning to apply. The program name in the application form indicates the major stream that the applicant desires to pursue. For detailed choices of majors and minors, please refer to the Academics section.
- You may apply for two programs by listing them as preferences and you would be offered admission to one of them depending upon the suitability of your profile.
- Please keep your Passport size photograph in (File format: png gif jpg jpeg) ready before filling the form. Photo size: Less than 1MB. Dimensions: 400×400 and 2048×2048 pixels.
- Applicants are required to provide information such as qualifying level scores, personal contact details, educational qualifications, achievements and other details.
- Please keep scanned copies of your relevant marksheets (10th, 11th, 12th standard, graduation etc) ready before filling the form. (File format: pdf png gif jpg jpeg.) The following documents will be required:
- 10th standard (or equivalent) mark sheet or certificate, as the case may be.
- 12th standard (or equivalent) mark sheet or certificate, as the case may be. (Applicants awaiting their results of 12th standard may furnish these on or before August 15th 2018)
- Other certificates, transcripts, and testimonials. (These documents may have relevance in assessing the candidature)
- For performing arts programs, certificate of Madhyama Poorna qualification in the preferred discipline, if applicable.
- Applicants are expected to provide a statement of purpose, in not more than 300 words, to provide an insight into their reasons for choosing to join the relevant program at CVV. It could also include information about your supplementary learning choices and interests which could provide a glimpse of your passion, curiosity and eagerness to learn. Information about participation in sports, involvement in creative arts, social and cultural affairs, or community welfare can also be included.
- Applicants to the performing arts programs have to provide a short clip of a classical music presentation in the relevant stream accompanied by basic instruments like Tanpura & Tabla (maximum 7-min). The link to this video has to be entered in the application form.
- This form is an integral part of the admission process. Please provide correct information. Admission granted on the basis of incorrect information can be
cancelled by CVV at any point of time.
- Please note that incomplete forms will not be considered during the application evaluation process.
- Payment of the application fee of Rs.1000/- is mandatory for completion of application form. Payment can be made through Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Net Banking and Demand Draft. This fee is non-refundable.
- Any change in your address/e-mail/contact number should be intimated to us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your application id number.
- In all matters regarding admission to the program, the decision of Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth will be final and binding on the applicant. No correspondence from the applicant with respect to his/her non-selection will be entertained.
Declaration of result
CVV shall evaluate the candidature of every applicant based on the relevant selection criteria after receipt of a completed application form alongwith the required documents within the application deadlines. Other stages of evaluation tests or interviews may be applicable as per CVV’s discretion. The admission results will be announced as per the admission schedule. If you are selected, you will receive a copy of your offer letter by email courier as well.
Once applicants have gone through the interview round they can expect to receive one of following communications:
- Firm offer of admission
- Conditional offer of admission
- Denial of admission
Acceptance of the offer
Selected candidates need to accept their admissions offer within the validity period. The additional requisite documentation/information to be submitted with the Acceptance will be detailed in the offer letter. To confirm acceptance, the candidate will need to:
- Submit the letter of acceptance.
- Pay the admission commitment fees as mentioned in the offer letter.
CVV will communicate all the necessary information about the date of joining such as reporting date and time, academic calendar, housing details, documents to be submitted during enrolment, items to bring to campus, and induction schedule before the commencement of academic program. Please check your registered email regularly.
Our admissions decisions are based on the following policies:
- The admissions process is entirely merit-based after compliance with regulations pertaining to reservations, as prescribed by the UGC.
- No other formal or informal recommendations from or through any individuals or entities will be entertained or considered.
- CVV does not have a deferral policy. The admission offer is only valid for the program starting in July, 2018.
- CVV does not accept credit transfer from other universities. Mid – year applicants from other universities will have to start as a first-year student.
- CVV’s admission panel will conduct additional tests/personal interviews as required.
Only candidates meeting the above criteria will be considered for selection.
Misrepresentation of information
CVV will verify all original certificates or mark sheets supporting the application at the time of enrolment. CVV will not tolerate any instance of falsification of information submitted by candidates. The admission shall immediately stand cancelled and fees forfeited, in case it is discovered at any stage that any of the information submitted was false.
All information submitted by the applicants is kept confidential, except as desired by the law.
Admission to CVV is merit-based. However financial aid is need-based. An applicant’s need for financial aid will not affect their selection to the program. Need-based financial aid will be assessed by CVV management for such number of students and up to such extent of aid as is permissible from the endowments created by the Vishwavidyapeeth. All financial aid is at the absolute discretion of the CVV management.
Refund Policy on Withdrawal of Admission
Candidates who have accepted the offer and paid the caution deposit and the program fee shall do the following:
a) Complete the Refund Request Form to withdraw their admission.
b) Request for refund of fees within the dates specified in the refund policy.
Note: If a student withdraws his/her admission after the specified date, (August 15, 2018), there will be no refund of the program fees remitted. However, the Caution Deposit of INR 25,000 will be refunded. For further details, please review the Refund Policy on the website.
For UGC’s recommendation on fee refund, Click Here.